USAGSO's Olympic Opening Ceremony Program Special Guest...Meet Kimi Goetz: Olympic Speed Skater!
Hey #Heartbreakers! I can't wait to see you on Friday, January 28th (Session 1) and Saturday, January 29th (Session 2) at USA Girl Scouts Overseas' Olympic Opening Ceremony Program, celebrating National Girls and Women in Sports Day!
We're going to learn about the Winter Olympic Sports and our female athletes participating in them and participate in special projects to cheer on our female athletes competing at the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics & Paralympics!
Girl Scouts and Girl Guides from all Councils/in all program grade levels (Girl Scout Daisies through Ambassadors and corresponding program levels for International Member Organizations) can join us for either one session or BOTH sessions of our Free program! During each program, we'll be working on different projects for different female athletes and we can't wait for YOU to join the girl-power celebration!
Plus, did I mention we're going to be joined by 2022 Female Olympians?! YES. Yes, we are. We're going to have a blast! I'm so excited to introduce you to one of our Olympic Special Guests!
Meet Kimi Goetz: 2022 Olympian - Speed Skating, Team USA!
Kimi Goetz is a Long Track Speed Skater and first time Olympian, representing Team USA! After moving to Utah in 2012 to chase her Olympic dreams, her dreams of Olympic Rings are coming true and we couldn't be more proud!
Kimi and I actually went to High School together and even were in a Fashion Merchandising class together (complete with a class-produced Fashion Show for 3 other High School classes in our school's theater!). So much fun to reunite and celebrate Kimi!
5 Fast Facts about Kimi!
- Kimi first got into the sport of skating from copying everything that her older sister, Sam, did growing up. She began inline skating at eight years old and eventually transitioned to Long Track Speedskating in August 2018
- Her favorite speed skating moment was when she watched her first international race in person at the 2014 World Championships in Montreal
- After her time on the ice, Kimi plans to pursue work in special education at the elementary level and currently works as a processor at a finance company in addition to speed skating
- Kimi enjoys spending time outside and lives by her favorite quote, "The expert at anything was once a beginner."
- Her two favorite foods are s'mores and pancakes (hmm...I think we know a Girl Scout cookie that she should pack with her for the flight to Beijing!)
Bonus Fast Fact! Kimi has even written a cookbook, complete with healthy recipes to help you fuel your dreams! Her fave recipes in the book are her turkey burgers and the sticky meatballs! YUM.
Moments off the ice on Kimi's journey to the 2022 Olympics!
love, the girl with the big pink heart™
Text HEARTBREAKER to 33222 to receive your #Heartbreaker Welcome Pack, a free song download, hear a sneak peek of Kristina's new music, get exclusive updates, 1st access, and more! (US Fans Only)
** Please note: This program is not associated with, endorsed by, or in partnership with the Olympics, Olympic Games, Beijing 2022, their broadcast networks, International Federations, nor any other third parties. This is a free, educational event for girls registered in Girl Scouts/Girl Guides and hosted by USA Girl Scouts Overseas.